Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Research Facilities  » Gaming Center 
|- E3 2012 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 686 times)

• View Profile
E3 2012
« on: June 05, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
alright the Electronic Entertainment Expo is well underway and your friendly neighborhood Bandit is here to give you folks a recap of the event so here we go peoples!

Microsoft

Halo 4 is the biggest story that Microsoft had, with a new trailer that not only showed gameplay, but also how great the game looks like

Splinter Cell: Blacklist, looked alright but te Kinect feature have me intrigued

Tomb Raider, color me impressed this game just looks like a blast to play, the bow action was sick, honestly I'm looking forward to this and let's ask ourselves, when was the last time we where looking forward to a Tomb Raider game eh?

South Park RPG, I laughed during the presentation, Parker and Stone may have been the highlight of the press conference, overall I'm really interested in seeing how the game turns out, also I'm totally gonna choose Jew as my class

The presentations on the non gaming items (ie smartglass) just dragged on and honestly ruined what could have been a very good show, while yes getting data sent to my phone to remind to exercise on Nike+ training is cool and all, I have an alarm clock and schedule to remind me to work out, overall the conference just felt a little bit after Halo. Which just goes to show you, don't start the conference with your best title though to be honest it was better than last years

EA

FIFA 13, im a FIFA fanboy so this got me excited, though not much seems to have improved from FIFA 12, but then again FIFA 12 got almost every single mechanic right so kinda hard to improve from that

MADDEN 13, another Football game not much to talk about here

Need for Speed, this game looks like fun, hopefully it turns out better than need for speed the run <_<

Dead Space 3, well the game graphically looks fantastic, however from what they showed the horror element seems to have gotten replaced by more action, also they where not in space

Medal of Honor, well it looks pretty, but I don't know I wasn't feeling the game it looked like it played very similar to CoD

Crysis 3, game looks great as usual, but after the letdown that was Crysis 2 heres hoping they get it right with this one

EA was a tad bit better than Microsoft, due to actual games being shown, but overall it felt like an average presentation, there wasn't that memorable moment but it wasn't terrible by any means

Ubisoft

Rayman Legends, my god I cannot wait to get this game it looks absolutely fantastic on the WiiU and they are actually using the tablet controller in a very creative way, but the thing that I took away was the lack of lag between tablet and screen

Assassins Creed 3, looks ok I still can't see how they are going to make the revolutionary war era work but we'll see

Farcry 3, started oddly, but grew stronger as it went along not terrible looking of a game, the fps actions looks fairly generic

The teasers for their upcoming games look fantastic and honestly im getting psyched for the Avengers game and the Zombi Wii U game

Sony

The Last of Us, wow just wow Naughty Dog seems to have another great game in their hands

Playstation All Stars, Nathan Drake was expected, but I didn't Big Daddy coming but the better question is when will wee see Kevin Butler as a playable character

Beyond Two Souls, well if you liked Heavy Rain (which many people did) it looks like you will like this as well

Wonderbook, took way too long to get through, while the idea seems great (with JK Rowling on board expect some good titles to come out from this) E3 is about games not books

Vita support, well we got two game announcements, but hardly any gameplay was shown, it has me worried about the Vita to be honest

Well overall it was kinda a lackluster E3 today, with onyl Ubisoft and Sony having anything worthwhile to talk about, while we did see some new trailers for anticipated games like Black Ops 2 and RE 6, really there wasn't to much to get hyped about it feels as though this E3 is right for the Big N's taking
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

Re: E3 2012

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
Honestly i watched all the way up to a little before the end, and i was pretty thoroughly disappointed with E3 this year. In fact, i was pretty much bored (Especially when they brought out the singer and dance girls... YAWN).

Te only thing SOMEWHAT interesting to me, were the games on PS3, and i don't own a PS3... Nintendo, and EA was just awful, their big name titles that they were relying on weren't even a splendor this year since they have been rehashed so many times, it's not even appealing. I'm really disappointed in Microsoft to trying to pin EVERYTHING onto Kinect. Honestly it's a good notion, but it's going to fail. The hardware is still clunky, the interface is still laggy/buggy, and honestly it's a prototype to what it should be these days.

Honestly, i was more impressed reading a new manga then watching E3 this year, which is a shame because i look forward to it every year. T_T;

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »
Yeah Nintendo, I was honestly shocked we did not see Retros big project, seriously what was the deal, overall this E3 just felt flat some of the features on the Wii U looked awesome, but overall I was kinda let down by Nintendo Pikmin 3 and mario where the highlights, with Ubisofts Zombi U looking pretty slick, but there was way to much focus on the casual on Nintendo, which honestly felt like that was the main focus on all the big three, they where all gunning for the casual crowd eh ill update with my impressions on Nintendo later

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »
Haha, honestly my Wii has just been collecting dust. I mainly just turned it into a giant emulator / rom box than actually playing wii games ;O

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Nintendo

Pikmin 3, great way to start of the conference, the game looks fantastic and the features with the tablet just look fantastic

Super Mario Bros U and 2, well it was obivous, the game looks like it's just a safety measure for a Mario game until A newer 3d platform is released, it looks pretty cool (Squirrel Suit)

Ubisoft, not much to show here that they didn't show off yesterday, except for a little bit more footage on the Zombi U game, wow that game looks very nice the whole concept is pretty amazing, hopefully this gets launched as a launch title

Batman Arkham City, not to convincing to make me wanna buy the game again, but we'll see what happens

3DS, the games they showed looked fun, hopefully we see some more during the 3Ds conference later today

sIng, Wii U Fit, uhmm ok I guess this was done to get the casual crowd invested but honestly you can tell the core gamers where not amused

Nintendo Land, so what appears to be the Wii Sports of the Wii U, Nintendo Land looks like the fun casual party game that can grab the casuals to buy the game, however it was a huge mistake to end the conference on this game, it left a huge underwhelming feeling

Overall Nintendo's press conference went a lot better than Microsofts, and about the same as Sony's while there wasn't to shocking of announcements, you have to wonder when Nintendo will release the price range and release of the console. Also where was retro studios at?

E3 this year was really underwhelming, if I had to give a best in show Ubisoft won hands down, but between the big three I feel like we all kinda lost with the focus being on gimicks and the casual crowd  we didn't see anything to spectacular, which is a shame because E3 is supposed to be the gamers biggest and possibly best event of the whole year  :'(

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
I just think everyone is going for the "entire entertainment" package and not focusing on just games. We want solid games, not all these fancy gimmicks.

• Initiated
  • Noblesse Oblige
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »
I pretty nearly fell asleep during each of the conference, I kept fast forwarding through segments and felt like they were talking me to death.

anything