AnimeSecrets.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back to the Anime Secrets Forums!

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS XL  (Read 903 times)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
Nintendo 3DS XL
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:35:37 PM »

Really. . . can someone please explain to me why Nintendo decided it would be a good idea to announce this on a Nintendo Direct broadcast and not two weeks ago at E3 when. . . you know. . .

THE WHOLE GAMING WORLD HAD IT'S EYES ON YOU

Seriously, I watched this with a friend of mine who is a massive Nintendo fanboy and he said that this 30 minute presentation was so much better than the 90 odd minute presentation at E3. . . hell I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan and I found things in this presentation that made me want to pre-order in anticipation, which is more than i can say about their E3 conference.

But, that's against the point, and probably a topic for another. . . topic. Nintendo 3DS XL, what does everyone think. . . I'm going to hold out until I get to see it in person, if the screen is actually better quality than the normal 3DS I might just buy one. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS XL
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »

Really. . . can someone please explain to me why Nintendo decided it would be a good idea to announce this on a Nintendo Direct broadcast and not two weeks ago at E3 when. . . you know. . .

THE WHOLE GAMING WORLD HAD IT'S EYES ON YOU

Seriously, I watched this with a friend of mine who is a massive Nintendo fanboy and he said that this 30 minute presentation was so much better than the 90 odd minute presentation at E3. . . hell I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan and I found things in this presentation that made me want to pre-order in anticipation, which is more than i can say about their E3 conference.

But, that's against the point, and probably a topic for another. . . topic. Nintendo 3DS XL, what does everyone think. . . I'm going to hold out until I get to see it in person, if the screen is actually better quality than the normal 3DS I might just buy one. . .

Honestly to me E3 just looked like a giant cluster of gaming companies trying to appease it's investors and upper managers tastes. E3 has gone away from trying to appease it's actual gamer audience that honestly i don't even care anymore. There are only a small handful of them that actually put out great viewing pleasure anymore. /end rant.

If i get a 3DS, this one will probably be the one i decide to pickup. It looked guuud, perfect for when i manage to get KH3DS and Pokemon BW2 o__o.

Medusa

• Agent in Training
  • Noblesse Oblige
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:26 AM »

Still on the fence about getting a 3ds, it's games so far haven't been well reviewed.

xXsonic96

• Agent in Training
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:26:40 AM »

do we realy need a new dual screen handheld we have the ds, ds lite, dsi, dsixl, and 3ds what more do we need
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

do we realy need a new dual screen handheld we have the ds, ds lite, dsi, dsixl, and 3ds what more do we need

The 3DS XL is the same as the DSiXL was to the DSi: The same console abeit with a much larger screen. This is really good for Nintendo because one of the major gripes me and my fellow 3DS fans have had with the console is the 3D screen is too small for the 3D effect to be viewed without causing pain through prolonged usage, a large screen will go a long way to rectifying this issue.

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »

The 3DS XL is the same as the DSiXL was to the DSi: The same console abeit with a much larger screen. This is really good for Nintendo because one of the major gripes me and my fellow 3DS fans have had with the console is the 3D screen is too small for the 3D effect to be viewed without causing pain through prolonged usage, a large screen will go a long way to rectifying this issue.

This ^

I agree that if i were to honestly look for a 3DS, i would be looking for a bigger screened handheld than a smaller one for that purpose.