Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Command Center  » Events  » Halloween 2012 Cosplay Contest 
|- Halloween 2012 Cosplay Contest Rules and Guidelines 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Halloween 2012 Cosplay Contest Rules and Guidelines  (Read 569 times)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Halloween 2012 Cosplay Contest Rules and Guidelines
« on: August 26, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »

Welcome to the first ever Anime Secrets Mega Cosplay Contest, running from the start of International Cosplay Weekend until Halloween Night at Midnight! This contest is being co-hosted with the Louisiana Cosplayers Below is some general information on the Cosplay Contest Rules and Prizes.
Contest Rules

1.   No nudity or partial nudity
2.   All contestants must be U.S. Residents to compete for prizes.
3.   No photoshopping your face on someone else's costume.
4.   Photo must be of you.
5.   Photo must have been taken within the last six months.
6.   You must be in a costume to be considered for the running.
7.   Costumes should preferably be anime, manga, video game, comic book or Japanese Culture related, but others are acceptable.
8.   You must be able to include a character name, or state it is an original work.
9.   Anime Secrets main staff, (includes commanders, reviewers, and editors) are not allowed to compete for prizes. However if there is enough interest, there may be a contest between the staff.
10.   You must check your email within three days of announcement of winners to recieve a prize, or forfeit all rights to a prize.
11.   Contestants from previous Anime Secrets cosplay contests may not enter the same entry from a previous Anime Secrets contest without major modifications or changes to costume. Questions may be drected to Drake@animesecrets.org on what is acceptable.
12.   Deadline is October 31st, 2012
13.   Have Fun!

Registration

To register for the Cosplay Contest, simply take a photo of you in your costume, and post it to the Forum.

- Your Name
- Costume Description/Character Name
- Photo of your outfit, please only one photo per outfit!
- Prefered way of being notified if applicant places in the contest - Permission to post the photos after the contest on the site, with prefered name to go by.
- Small description of your costume and what went into making it. **new rule this year**
- Reference picture, unless original work. **new rule this year**

FAQ

May I enter more then one costume for the contest?
Yes, but you may only win one prize.

How can I expect you to judge my costume?
Your costume will be judged on three factors, the amount of craft, originality and effort put into the costume.

Should my costume have a 'Halloween' theme?
Not neccesarily. However if you do, it will most definetly help the originality factor, if done properly.

Can I still enter the contest if I am not a U.S. resident?
Yes, you can enter, however you will not be eligible for a prize. However if there are enough foriegn entries (read as more then ten), we can have a 'Best Non-U.S. Resident Category'. Unfortunately at this time we are doubtful of prizes for participants in that category.

Can I win Best in Louisiana and another award?
No. If you win another award in the contest, you are not eligible for this award.

How is a fan favorite selected?
All entries will be posted onto the AnimeSecrets Facebook Page, on November 1st, 2012. Voters will have one week to vote for their favorite cosplays, the cosplay with the most likes wins.

anything