AnimeSecrets.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please make sure to read the rules and have fun!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Technical Issue/Suggestion  (Read 2306 times)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
Technical Issue/Suggestion
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:15:08 AM »

Well it's good to be back, and I must admit the layout of the forum looks nicer than the previous one. However I just had an issue regarding the registration of an account. When you register after you've inputted your desired username and it checks to see whether that username is available, if it is the box goes completely white. I'm not sure if this a feature added or just a problem with Firefox or the site, but if you misspell something and the box goes white i'm not sure if you're able to actually correct it. The same situation also applies to Passwords, which is even worse since you need to type it in twice and if you stuff it up once I'm not sure if you'd need to do the entire registrational all over again.

A suggestion I'd like to make is to make the massive banner up the top of the forum into a clickable object to take you back to the front page of the forum, then I realised there is a clickable link at the top right part of the image called logo which does so, so I'm assuming you have the intension to do this regardless.   

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Issue/Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »

Well it's good to be back, and I must admit the layout of the forum looks nicer than the previous one. However I just had an issue regarding the registration of an account. When you register after you've inputted your desired username and it checks to see whether that username is available, if it is the box goes completely white. I'm not sure if this a feature added or just a problem with Firefox or the site, but if you misspell something and the box goes white i'm not sure if you're able to actually correct it. The same situation also applies to Passwords, which is even worse since you need to type it in twice and if you stuff it up once I'm not sure if you'd need to do the entire registrational all over again.

hhmmm i've no idea why that is, but i'll look into it in the morning. Its a weird thing o.O

A suggestion I'd like to make is to make the massive banner up the top of the forum into a clickable object to take you back to the front page of the forum, then I realised there is a clickable link at the top right part of the image called logo which does so, so I'm assuming you have the intension to do this regardless.   

I have the plan to do it, but I am trying to first eliminate the word 'logo' at the top right. Its not going well. :(

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »

I was finally able to get rid of the image called logo, and our banner is now a clickable object to return to the main forum page :)

Also the registration page is now fixed :D

Special thanks to our webdesiger t3k for helping me fix the registration page. :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:34:03 AM by Drake »

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:04 AM »

I was finally able to get rid of the image called logo, and our banner is now a clickable object to return to the main forum page :)

Also the registration page is now fixed :D

Special thanks to our webdesiger t3k for helping me fix the registration page. :)

Great job on that :D I noticed this just recently!

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:06:50 AM »

I've a few more small add ins I'm working on once I get a minute on my desktop and not be in pain.

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »

Um when posting I had a hard time reading which one was the post button, and kept hitting post preview

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »

Um when posting I had a hard time reading which one was the post button, and kept hitting post preview

Noted, i'll see what can be done.

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »

It's also the same in the Quick Reply as well

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 12:12:38 AM »

Increase the limit on posts I tried posting one of my fic chapters and it told me it was to long

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 12:13:45 AM »

Increase the limit on posts I tried posting one of my fic chapters and it told me it was to long

Thought you would post links to the fix on fanfiction.net lol

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

oh lol I forgot oops

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »

Yay problem solved! :D

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »

One more thing um the redirects need work Its annoying to get sent out of the thread I am viewing everytime I post

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:56:21 AM »

One more thing um the redirects need work Its annoying to get sent out of the thread I am viewing everytime I post

That's something you set in your user settings. :P

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »

Where?
Pages: [1] 2