Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Research Facilities  » Anime Research Laboratory 
|- Criteria for a Good Anime? 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Criteria for a Good Anime?  (Read 473 times)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Criteria for a Good Anime?
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:58:19 AM »
Tell me what you feel constitutes a good anime.

For me the primary criteria is a well thought out and developed story, with equally designed characters, who ideally can connect me to the story emotionally or by being interesting characters with an actual soul. Genre isn't an issue for me, I'm really open minded.

Music is a pretty big must as well. I love anime OSTs quite a bit.

Animation should be great as well, but I'm pretty lenient on it given the plot and characters are stellar.

So what about you? What plays a role in anime for you? Genre? Characters? Plot? Animation? Music? Sexy scenes? Other things?

Re: Criteria for a Good Anime?

• Initiated
  • ★Sweetie Heart★
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
It has to definitely blend well together as a mix of ideas. Anime generally uses the same stereotypes and genres so it's nice to get a unique combination that makes sense for the viewer and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Story is a big part too, if it is beyond stupid and I can not relate to the character's experiences, I feel the anime has failed me. I also have to be drawn into the character designs, as well as their personalities and actions, and art style plays a huge role.

If the anime can't invite me in for a good story, why bother at all.

Don't worry, I'm always beside you, behind you, and supporting you. ❤
★REVIEWER★

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:04:50 AM »
What i look for in an anime / manga is something that can just grab me with the characters persona, and then wrap the story around and say... You better come back next week!

Those i think are the two main things i want, a good story and characters. Though music usually plays a good amount into it as well.

I think... Usually most sports animes drag me into it as well, if it has sports involved or competition... I usually am always drawn to it >_>;;

TL:DR - COMPETITION, MUSIC, CHARACTERS, STORY.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:17:37 AM »
to me first and foremost is the characters themselves, whether it's in terms of personality or design a character has to grab me me, secondly the story, if the Anime builds on strong story with diverse characters then it becomes interesting, finally music I don't know why, but to me Music has a huge impact on the enjoyment of the anime (which is probably why I love Cowboy Bebop so much music in that show is simply fantastic)
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

anything