AnimeSecrets.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back to the Anime Secrets Forums!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Diablo 3 anyone?  (Read 3291 times)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3 anyone?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »

Well I finished the game and beat the final boss.

It was surprisingly easy actually, only once during the entire fight was I ever in a position where I was close to death (screen began to go red) and it was resolved by using one of the 80+ health potions I had amassed during the final act. . .

I'll have to go and have a look at Chakrams, but I've been a demon hunter and never really used them, I used the turret and the rain of arrows move (cannot remember it's name) to take out the final boss with relative ease. Since I just kept running around in circles making sure the boss kept running into proximity with the turret and when he stopped at any time I pelted him with scatter shot.

Easily the longest boss fight in the game, but as I stated above. . . Belial is still worse. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »

Well I finished the game and beat the final boss.

It was surprisingly easy actually, only once during the entire fight was I ever in a position where I was close to death (screen began to go red) and it was resolved by using one of the 80+ health potions I had amassed during the final act. . .

I'll have to go and have a look at Chakrams, but I've been a demon hunter and never really used them, I used the turret and the rain of arrows move (cannot remember it's name) to take out the final boss with relative ease. Since I just kept running around in circles making sure the boss kept running into proximity with the turret and when he stopped at any time I pelted him with scatter shot.

Easily the longest boss fight in the game, but as I stated above. . . Belial is still worse. . .

Hehe, well just wait til you move onto the other difficulties (if you plan on it anyways). Blizzard stated that their "Tutorial" was normal mode :P.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »

Oh don't worry, I intend to. . . but I need to access the 'secret area' in normal mode first. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

Oh, haha Whimsyshire. If you are on NA server, i can open it for you unless your planning on making the staff (very tedious T_T).

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 07:29:37 AM »

Oh, haha Whimsyshire. If you are on NA server, i can open it for you unless your planning on making the staff (very tedious T_T).

I think I am on the NA server. . . However I'm well into the process of making the staff, the only item I need now is the plans. . . and that for all intents and purposes looks to be an absolute pain in the ass. At this point however I'm not sure if it's going to be able to trump the last item I needed to find, a drop from an enemy that might appear in a dungeon that might appear in a battlefield practically littered with enemies. . . it took me over 3 hours to find the damn item. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »

I think I am on the NA server. . . However I'm well into the process of making the staff, the only item I need now is the plans. . . and that for all intents and purposes looks to be an absolute pain in the ass. At this point however I'm not sure if it's going to be able to trump the last item I needed to find, a drop from an enemy that might appear in a dungeon that might appear in a battlefield practically littered with enemies. . . it took me over 3 hours to find the damn item. . .

Izual was actually the easiest one for me, besides the shinbone. And yes, FYI it took me like 4 hours to get the one in the frosted cave T_____T;; have fun with that one LOL.

Also don't forget you need 100k to buy the bell, and 50k to craft the staff.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

Done and Done. . .

I actually managed to find the plans from Izual on the very next attempt after making that last post, so I think it took me 4 tries in total.

Cavern of Frost was an absolute pain in the ass though, that took me about 3 and a half hours. . . luckily though, because I had to run through the same battlefield area over and over again, I made up the 150k in gold I needed to craft the staff in that area alone.

luckily though you only have to upgrade the staff in latter difficulties, so I never have to go through this process again. . .

Whimsyshire was. . . something. I was surprised that the enemies in it were harder than I thought, however I'm fairly certain you'd understand the fact that there was no way I was going to let myself die to a twinkleroot. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:43 AM »

Done and Done. . .

I actually managed to find the plans from Izual on the very next attempt after making that last post, so I think it took me 4 tries in total.

Cavern of Frost was an absolute pain in the ass though, that took me about 3 and a half hours. . . luckily though, because I had to run through the same battlefield area over and over again, I made up the 150k in gold I needed to craft the staff in that area alone.

luckily though you only have to upgrade the staff in latter difficulties, so I never have to go through this process again. . .

Whimsyshire was. . . something. I was surprised that the enemies in it were harder than I thought, however I'm fairly certain you'd understand the fact that there was no way I was going to let myself die to a twinkleroot. . .

HAHA, i totally get you :#. Although Inferno ponies are very strong >_> Died a lot lol.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »

Well I've been making decent progress through Nightmare. . . I haven't had any real difficulty on most enemies up to this point (recently killed Maghda) the only ones that have managed to kill me have been the blue and yellow enemies that have abailites like jail or teleport which can catch me then proceed to gang me. . . since at this point I am effectively a glass cannon. I do a decent amount of damage but they do a decent amount pack. . . good thing at this point however I literally have a boatload of health potions.

I am dreading fighting Belial though, hoping I'll be able to find some decent armour in the next few bit's that be able to make my defence not so pitiful without jeopardising too many other elements. . .

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »

Well I've been making decent progress through Nightmare. . . I haven't had any real difficulty on most enemies up to this point (recently killed Maghda) the only ones that have managed to kill me have been the blue and yellow enemies that have abailites like jail or teleport which can catch me then proceed to gang me. . . since at this point I am effectively a glass cannon. I do a decent amount of damage but they do a decent amount pack. . . good thing at this point however I literally have a boatload of health potions.

I am dreading fighting Belial though, hoping I'll be able to find some decent armour in the next few bit's that be able to make my defence not so pitiful without jeopardising too many other elements. . .

Every new act and every new difficulty is a constant gear check. If you ever find something hard, it means you need stronger gear. I highly recommend checking auction house every now and then for upgrades and search for max price of like 5-10k. It will help out a lot :3.

PS - Belial is a pain in the ass. Just beat on Inferno... Definitely don't want to do again.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »

I think this game is intelligent, and that terrifies me. . .

I think this because the game knows I am a glass cannon, it knows that I can't take more than a few hits by really strong enemies and it knows I have a snowflakes chance in hell of surviving if I get swarmed by a group of enemies.

The game knows this fact, so it has made about 80% of Blue and Yellow enemies (and their minions) I have encountered in Nightmare so far fast enemies and equipted them with abilities like Jail and Freeze, or Fire Chain to make the ganging raep even more painful when they inevitably catch me. . .

I fear this game is intelligent, which terrifies me because it also hates me. . . 

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

I think this game is intelligent, and that terrifies me. . .

I think this because the game knows I am a glass cannon, it knows that I can't take more than a few hits by really strong enemies and it knows I have a snowflakes chance in hell of surviving if I get swarmed by a group of enemies.

The game knows this fact, so it has made about 80% of Blue and Yellow enemies (and their minions) I have encountered in Nightmare so far fast enemies and equipted them with abilities like Jail and Freeze, or Fire Chain to make the ganging raep even more painful when they inevitably catch me. . .

I fear this game is intelligent, which terrifies me because it also hates me. . .

Haha, well if you aren't on inferno yet... All i can say is... It's only going to get worse ^_^;;

If you play NA server,  have a barb in Nightmare that can help tank for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]