Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Agent Lounge  » Technology Center 
|- Asus Zenbook 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Asus Zenbook  (Read 714 times)

• > Implying
    • View Profile
Asus Zenbook
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
So I recently (and by that I mean yesterday) went out and bought myself an ultrabook.

the things isn't the best modle available by any stretch of the imagination, but for what I need it for it'll more than suffice.

I bought an Asus Zenbook. If anything the thing is damn nice, wager it looks nicer than a Macbook Air

It's a shame for all the bloatware though. . .

Re: Asus Zenbook

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
I've seen a few people with this model and it's so sleek and awesome looking. It's a shame about the bloatware that it came with, though any PC you pick up from a store these days is literally infested with bloatware >_>;;

How do you like it so far?

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:45:41 AM »
I love how quick the thing is, from turning it on to desktop is literally like 3 seconds.

While I like the touchpad, it's a bit too responsive for me and on more than one occasion it has indicated my finger hovering over it at one point as a left mouse click (or so I think) so I'm going to go out and buy a bluetooth mouse to go with it, that and also buy a plug and forget usb flash drive to give myself a little bit more storage space.

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
I love how quick the thing is, from turning it on to desktop is literally like 3 seconds.

While I like the touchpad, it's a bit too responsive for me and on more than one occasion it has indicated my finger hovering over it at one point as a left mouse click (or so I think) so I'm going to go out and buy a bluetooth mouse to go with it, that and also buy a plug and forget usb flash drive to give myself a little bit more storage space.

The touchpad actually believe it or not is the one thing i always hear about that the people don't like. Of all the people i've talked to about it, all have gone out and gotten a mouse within the first week, Lol.

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »
I'm not surprised, but I think the same can be said for many laptops including many of the ultrabooks. . . A lot of friends and family members I know use a mouse for their Laptops.

I'm happy I bought it when I did, it's the entry level Zenbook, so it doesn't come with a lot of space or the like but the price I got it for was too good for me to pass up.

It cost me $698 dollars Australian down from $998. . .

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
I'm not surprised, but I think the same can be said for many laptops including many of the ultrabooks. . . A lot of friends and family members I know use a mouse for their Laptops.

I'm happy I bought it when I did, it's the entry level Zenbook, so it doesn't come with a lot of space or the like but the price I got it for was too good for me to pass up.

It cost me $698 dollars Australian down from $998. . .

Thats a really nice price for a Zenbook, you shouldn't feel bad about it at all. Zenbooks are really fast and do things very effectively, it may not be a beast as a gaming rig, but for everything else it will run smoothly. Everyone i've talked to has been quite pleased with it.

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
Well for what I need it for (I called it Unibook if any of you want to take a guess) it'll do brilliantly. . .

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
Well for what I need it for (I called it Unibook if any of you want to take a guess) it'll do brilliantly. . .

Haha thats what i did for college :3, Bought a laptop, DL'd all my books... Saved thousands...

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Because I'm doing my studies via distance, I get a dossier of all the reading I need (this might change as I new the more advanced units though) the main reason I bought the Ultrabook is because I would go to the Library to do some studying, and I would wrte down some of my assessment items in a book, then go home and type up what I'd written online. . . I came to realise that was pretty damn counter-productive