Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Agent Lounge  » Technology Center 
|- Commodore 64 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Commodore 64  (Read 915 times)

• Administrator
  • Initiated
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:28:37 AM »
I just got one. Swear this thing came right out of 1982. Vintage Computing at its finest. If anyone has any suggestions of interesting projects I could forego with it, please feel free to mention. Also if anyone knows how to fix the floppy drives... Yeah lemme know please I got one that clicks loudly when I tell it to read the disc and the other one spins as soon as I turn it on even though there isn't a disc in it x.x Again pretty sure these are as old as they get, but the commodore works! Well, one of them does. I got two and the other one doesn't have video, sadly. But hey having one working is okay by me. Maybe I can fix the other one sometime.

Re: Commodore 64

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 04:01:30 AM »
I just got one. Swear this thing came right out of 1982. Vintage Computing at its finest. If anyone has any suggestions of interesting projects I could forego with it, please feel free to mention. Also if anyone knows how to fix the floppy drives... Yeah lemme know please I got one that clicks loudly when I tell it to read the disc and the other one spins as soon as I turn it on even though there isn't a disc in it x.x Again pretty sure these are as old as they get, but the commodore works! Well, one of them does. I got two and the other one doesn't have video, sadly. But hey having one working is okay by me. Maybe I can fix the other one sometime.

What are you planning to do with it exactly? I mean yes they are works of arts for their time, but... Don't really have any real uses at this point in time.

• Administrator
  • Initiated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »
I haven't really decided yet. If I can get it all set up the way I want, I kinda wanna dabble in coding stuff for PET BASIC. May not be useful, but I think it'll be fun. I got this more as something to mess around with as a hobby more than something that's gonna have any real use.

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:29:37 AM »
I haven't really decided yet. If I can get it all set up the way I want, I kinda wanna dabble in coding stuff for PET BASIC. May not be useful, but I think it'll be fun. I got this more as something to mess around with as a hobby more than something that's gonna have any real use.

Ah ok, my professor actually donated a lot of Commodore's to tech museums because he had no use for them really. So i was curious to see what you wanted to do with it :3

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
For a moment there I thought you had bought one of those models they just recently released where it has the guts of a current high end PC in the body of an original Commodore. . .

Commodore 64

• Administrator
  • Initiated
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
I kinda want one, but I can't afford it. I got this one on Craigslist for free XD

Commodore 64

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
That's a lucky find. Though your tale of acquiring it was great :D

Commodore 64

• Administrator
  • Initiated
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »
Meeting a guy on the side of the interstate to get a free Commodore 64. Sketchiest. Thing. Ever.

Commodore 64

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
Meeting a guy on the side of the interstate to get a free Commodore 64. Sketchiest. Thing. Ever.

Great haul though

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
Don't worry, considering the noterity of Craigslist, the would have been an obligitory 15 odds cops watching the deal go down thinking that commodore is a code word for crack cocaine, if anything had went wrong the selling would have been caught in an instant.

Commodore 64

• Administrator
  • Initiated
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
http://ultimatedante.tumblr.com I recounted the entire story on my blog and I even mentioned the possibility that one of the commodores was, in fact, full of cocaine XD

Commodore 64

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Commodore 64
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
You should check that dude

anything