AnimeSecrets.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back to the Anime Secrets Forums!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Playstation Vita  (Read 1746 times)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
Playstation Vita
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »

You know what. . . I'm going to make an assumption here based on current retail trends and say I am the only person on this forum at the moment that owns a Playstation Vita.

Once again having learnt nothing from buying the 3DS at launch, I went out and bought the PS Vita the day it went on sale.

Now, the console is awesome in every concievable way, it does what it does brilliantly. It's launch line up was heads and shoulders better than the 3DS pitiful launch line up and from what I've seen people have been generally positive in reviewing it. . .

Too bad that after the launch line up the stream of new games basically went dead. . . If you want people to buy your shiny new console Sony you need to cater to it for more than one goddamn month. . .   

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation Vita
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »

You know what. . . I'm going to make an assumption here based on current retail trends and say I am the only person on this forum at the moment that owns a Playstation Vita.

Once again having learnt nothing from buying the 3DS at launch, I went out and bought the PS Vita the day it went on sale.

Now, the console is awesome in every concievable way, it does what it does brilliantly. It's launch line up was heads and shoulders better than the 3DS pitiful launch line up and from what I've seen people have been generally positive in reviewing it. . .

Too bad that after the launch line up the stream of new games basically went dead. . . If you want people to buy your shiny new console Sony you need to cater to it for more than one goddamn month. . .

Thats the main reason why i didn't go get one honestly. The only reason i got a psp was for KH: BBS, and then it just became a portable emulator after that =\

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

to me the problems the vita presents is one you can't transfer your older psn network games on to it, you have to rebuy them and secondly just how expensive their memory cards are, I may pick one up but i don't know i'm really iffy on it at the moment, granted once a monster hunter game gets released on the vita I may buy ten
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Playstation Vita
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »

I've no plans at current to buy a vita. I just got a psp 3000 last year, and barely use it. Though I love my psp no complaints really.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »

to me the problems the vita presents is one you can't transfer your older psn network games on to it, you have to rebuy them and secondly just how expensive their memory cards are, I may pick one up but i don't know i'm really iffy on it at the moment, granted once a monster hunter game gets released on the vita I may buy ten

The thing is there is actually a way to transfer old PSP games onto the system, the problem is at the moment the method is only available in Japan, and even still you don't get your games for free, but rather using it 'significantly decreases' the price of the game on the PSN store. (I not sure what percentage of a discount it is sadly)

Memory cards I though was a rather sneaky and dishonest move on Sony's part, basically making the item essential to play the majority of the games made it a hidden cost associated with buying the console (not to mention the things are so damn small you can lose them if you take it out of the console)

Other than that the major problem is right now the lack of games people want to play, most of the games are either ports of similar games or sequels that have been done to death. . . my hope is that E3 Sony reveal a deluge of upcoming titles to get people excited, ending on the announcement of a Monster Hunter title.

At the moment the title I'm most looking forward to for the Vita is a title that isn't being release in Japan until next year, so to have to wait until maybe 2014 to get a title to justify the purchase is a little disappointing. . .

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

The thing is there is actually a way to transfer old PSP games onto the system, the problem is at the moment the method is only available in Japan, and even still you don't get your games for free, but rather using it 'significantly decreases' the price of the game on the PSN store. (I not sure what percentage of a discount it is sadly)

Memory cards I though was a rather sneaky and dishonest move on Sony's part, basically making the item essential to play the majority of the games made it a hidden cost associated with buying the console (not to mention the things are so damn small you can lose them if you take it out of the console)

Other than that the major problem is right now the lack of games people want to play, most of the games are either ports of similar games or sequels that have been done to death. . . my hope is that E3 Sony reveal a deluge of upcoming titles to get people excited, ending on the announcement of a Monster Hunter title.

At the moment the title I'm most looking forward to for the Vita is a title that isn't being release in Japan until next year, so to have to wait until maybe 2014 to get a title to justify the purchase is a little disappointing. . .

trust me when I kept hearing about all these things (the memory card bit was the announcement that made me not want to get a vita) It kept putting me off, granted right now the Vita has UMVC3 and Uncharted but it's game lineup is pretty weak, and the 3DS lineup just keeps getting better, so if idk the system is good don't get me wrong, but yeah  the lack of titles and the memory card prices put me off from the system

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »

As I say to a lot of people, the 3DS line up has the benefit of the system being out a lot longer, Nintendo have a few of their system seller games out right now (Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icaris amongst many others) whilst the Vita is yet to get a big name title bar the Uncharted game.

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »

As I say to a lot of people, the 3DS line up has the benefit of the system being out a lot longer, Nintendo have a few of their system seller games out right now (Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icaris amongst many others) whilst the Vita is yet to get a big name title bar the Uncharted game.

tis true, if it wasn't for Mario land 3D and Mario Kart, 3DS would be a lot worse off, but the thing about the Vita is that theres nothing in the next few months that can hold the patience of gamers, where as the 3DS you knew that Mario Kart and Mario 3D where coming right now the Vita, I can honestly say I don't whats coming out for it in the next five months, hopefully E3 does a good job of promoting it

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

I got a Vita because I preordered it with the gift cards I got for birthday last year, the game I bought it for was LittleBigPlanet, and Gravity Rush. both coming out in June

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »

Well thank you for proving my assumption wrong KunoichiFox.

At the moment I have 5 games for the Vita: RIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDGE RAAAAAAAAACER (which is more a glorified tech demo than an actual game), Unit 13, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Rayman Origins and Virtua Tennis 4. The game I'm looking most forward to is Phantasy Star Online 2, but have high hopes that Sony will reveal a lot at E3.

KunoichiFox

• Agent
  • Enigmatic Fox Girl
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 01:37:51 AM »

The only game I have is Modnation Racers, the game is fun and all, but what was Sony thinking when they decided to not to give it Online Multiplayer for a bloody racing game  >:(

Yuki

• Junior Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 03:04:12 PM »

I haven't been sold on the Vita yet. It's just not appealing to me to the way Nintendo's handhelds have.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »

Because headaches caused by prolonged use of the 3D effect is really appealing. . .

To be honest in my opinion bar the 3D effect there really isn't much that the actual 3DS hardware has that the Vita doesn't trump in spades. Hell when I went on my radio show and compared the two consoles during the week of the Vita's launch I was able to get my co-host (who is a major Nintendo fanboy) to admit, on air that, 'the 3DS is inferior to the superior Vita.' Twas glorious.

At the moment the only thing that is holding the Vita back right now is lack of actual software people want, the initial burst of software during launch has pretty much grinded to a halt, I'm hoping Sony will surprise everyone at E3 and announce a truckload of games to be released in the weeks/months following, but Sony need to act, if they keep holding off they might lose any opportunity for the Vita to be successful in the long run.

Azure Kite

• Super Agent
  • Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »

Because headaches caused by prolonged use of the 3D effect is really appealing. . .

To be honest in my opinion bar the 3D effect there really isn't much that the actual 3DS hardware has that the Vita doesn't trump in spades. Hell when I went on my radio show and compared the two consoles during the week of the Vita's launch I was able to get my co-host (who is a major Nintendo fanboy) to admit, on air that, 'the 3DS is inferior to the superior Vita.' Twas glorious.

At the moment the only thing that is holding the Vita back right now is lack of actual software people want, the initial burst of software during launch has pretty much grinded to a halt, I'm hoping Sony will surprise everyone at E3 and announce a truckload of games to be released in the weeks/months following, but Sony need to act, if they keep holding off they might lose any opportunity for the Vita to be successful in the long run.

It isn't so much the headache induced 3D that makes me like the 3DS more. It's just right now there are more interesting titles than the VITA.

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

It isn't so much the headache induced 3D that makes me like the 3DS more. It's just right now there are more interesting titles than the VITA.

Exactly, believe me you are not alone in that train of thought. Sony need to start releasing more titles and get 3rd Parties invested in the hardware more. Hell a few weeks ago I noticed a game about to be released in Japan: Heroes Phantasia, which is a massive anime series cross over (including titles such as Slayers, Orphen, Fate/Stay Night amongst others) in the same vein as Super Robot Wars, it'll no doubt sell really well in Japan. . . and it's on the PSP. . .

You have no titles available on the Vita at the moment people in Japan care about (Japanese from what I've heard aren't really into the Uncharted series) you have Namco Bandai make this title which has the potential to be a possible hardware seller and you let them make it for the f*cking PSP. . .

Sony need to start leading by example with the Vita, but more importantly they need to show developers that creating titles for the Vita is a worthwhile investment. . .
Pages: [1] 2