Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Research Facilities  » Gaming Center 
|- DLC 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DLC  (Read 291 times)

• View Profile
DLC
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
DLC, it's a word that has divided the gamer base a little bit, some game developers claim it is a why to extend the games life cycle and to combat used game retailers, some gamers cry foul and claim it is material cut from the initial product only for companies to make more money off us. Some Game developers like Valve use DLC to extend their games lifes and charge little to no price while other companies like Capcom and EA use DLC to charge us for extra weapons and colors even. So I guess I wanna get peoples insights on how they feel about DLC

me, it doesn't bug too much, whenever I hear expansion in terms of fighting games (Like when i heard about Arcade Edition for SSFIV) I get excited I'm not going to lie, but thats mostly because I love fighters
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

Re: DLC

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: DLC
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
Honestly, i am not a big fan of DLC at all, and i think that companies are milking it for all they are worth (ESPECIALLY CALL OF DUTY, which is why I no longer play that anymore). I think a game should be able to be enjoyed and that you shouldn't have to worry about purchasing all this extra material that should already come within a game. If i honestly have to shell out another 10-20$ just to get more abilities, or characters that are already on the disc... Then most likely i may not buy the game at all... Might just find "OTHER" ways to acquire it later.

Game companies are taking advantage of their buyer base in my honest opinion, but the fact that they CAN because the buyer base keeps shelling out money for it is reasonable in our society. We don't want to NOT get it, and we are really bad at boycotting thigns we want.

However, if a game gives DLC that completely gives a fresh new outtake to the game, new scenarios, and things that are basically an expansion p[ack towards the game.. I am ok buying that no problem.

anything