AnimeSecrets.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back to the Anime Secrets Forums!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale  (Read 1925 times)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »

eh problem with this is that it may be a bit too late, and Sony's characters don't work to well with each other, can you really see Kratos fighting Sly Cooper  it would be a hilarious thing to see but I don't know
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

Drake

• Administrator
  • Super Agent
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »

I'm not sold on getting it. It just doesn't appeal like brawl did

Hikari

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Agent
  • ★Let's Make a Contract★
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

7 years too late, Sony. This is a rip off of Brawl like Modnation Racers was a rip off of Mario Kart. They should just stick to their "manly" genre and stop appealing to the Nintendo fan geeks.

★QUEEN★

xXsonic96

• Agent in Training
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 03:03:36 AM »

Just like Hikari said its too late as much as i enjoy fighting games like mk this is just not my cup of tea.
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:43:09 AM »

7 years too late, Sony. This is a rip off of Brawl like Modnation Racers was a rip off of Mario Kart. They should just stick to their "manly" genre and stop appealing to the Nintendo fan geeks.

You mean in the same way Nintendo have stated they wish to appeal to the manly genre and 'hardcore gamers' with the Wii U? Thing is people will do what works and I can say this game will have an audience even if it ends up being a complete rip off of Brawl.

Oh one other thing I neglected to mention when I first posted this topic, if you think this is a rip off of Brawl I suggest looking up a Title called Fighters Megamix. You might not understand why but I'll explain it once you do.

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »

You mean in the same way Nintendo have stated they wish to appeal to the manly genre and 'hardcore gamers' with the Wii U? Thing is people will do what works and I can say this game will have an audience even if it ends up being a complete rip off of Brawl.

Oh one other thing I neglected to mention when I first posted this topic, if you think this is a rip off of Brawl I suggest looking up a Title called Fighters Megamix. You might not understand why but I'll explain it once you do.

Are you using the fighters megamix as an example of a crossover title before smash bros? also inb4 everyone only uses kratos online lol

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »

Are you using the fighters megamix as an example of a crossover title before smash bros? also inb4 everyone only uses kratos online lol

Basically. The fact is many people claim that Nintendo originated the idea of a cross IP fighting game with Super Smash Bros, but Fighters Megamix had a similar idea albeit in a more traditonal fighters sense 3 years before Smash Bros first hit the shelf. However if you want to get technical, the first I would suppose cross IP game I could think of, X-Men vs Street Fighter was released a few months before Fighters Megamix. Basically what I'm saying is a lot of the people who claim this game is a straight up Brawl clone tend to make this assumption based on the premise of the title (a cross IP battle) when in reality Nintendo were not the first company to make up this idea, or hell if we want to include Capcom, the ones who made it the most popular.

P.S: I am also aware that screenshots have surfaced of the game which does show that the general screen (health bar) does look a bit like SSB, however thats not really enough to claim that the game is a rip off (many fighting games have similar health gauges, you don't hear fighting fans calling other games rip offs because of it) to my knowledge it is not known yet if you beat opponents by draining the health or otherwise, nor has it been shown that items will be used or whatever, only time will tell in this.

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »

Basically. The fact is many people claim that Nintendo originated the idea of a cross IP fighting game with Super Smash Bros, but Fighters Megamix had a similar idea albeit in a more traditonal fighters sense 3 years before Smash Bros first hit the shelf. However if you want to get technical, the first I would suppose cross IP game I could think of, X-Men vs Street Fighter was released a few months before Fighters Megamix. Basically what I'm saying is a lot of the people who claim this game is a straight up Brawl clone tend to make this assumption based on the premise of the title (a cross IP battle) when in reality Nintendo were not the first company to make up this idea, or hell if we want to include Capcom, the ones who made it the most popular.

P.S: I am also aware that screenshots have surfaced of the game which does show that the general screen (health bar) does look a bit like SSB, however thats not really enough to claim that the game is a rip off (many fighting games have similar health gauges, you don't hear fighting fans calling other games rip offs because of it) to my knowledge it is not known yet if you beat opponents by draining the health or otherwise, nor has it been shown that items will be used or whatever, only time will tell in this.

well to be honest Capcom is the true originator of the cross ip fighting games, technically the first crossover occurred when Akuma was a secret character in X-Men Children of the Atom, but the way the gameplay actually looks like (from what I have seen from the reveal trailer anyways) it looks like it plays very similar to Smash Bros to me this game is iffy just on the bases that I dont feel very connected to the characters, I love me some parappa the rapper and Sly Cooper, but I don't feel too excited to see them fight other characters but I'll wait till I see more gameplay of this when E3 comes around also if Sony can nag a capcom or square exclusive character, I think this game has a great chance to succeed

also they need to put in Crash Banditcoot and Spyro they where the original godfathers of the PS1

Hikari

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Agent
  • ★Let's Make a Contract★
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

I didn't think it was a rip off based on crossover gameplay, I know other games have come out before SSB that utilize cross over characters. Actually the reasoning was because of what Jing said.

★QUEEN★

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »

I'm assuming you mean this

it looks like it plays very similar to Smash Bros to me this game is iffy just on the bases that I dont feel very connected to the characters, I love me some parappa the rapper and Sly Cooper, but I don't feel too excited to see them fight other characters but I'll wait till I see more gameplay of this when E3 comes around also if Sony can nag a capcom or square exclusive character, I think this game has a great chance to succeed

To be honest I started arguing this point against the fanboys on mynintendonews before any actual screenshots or movie were released of the game, to be fair I still haven't seen any gameplay videos of the game in action. I will admit the game itself does share some similarities but I'm not sure, do you win by beating your opponent up and then knocking them off the field of play? Do you access the speacial moves in the game by obtaining a special object, or is it a meter that you fill during the round? Are there items? (mind you I'm not being sarcastic here, these are legitamite questions)

The fact is many games are considered rip offs of one another. Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, etc were all considered rip offs of Street Fighter. Tekken would have been at some point considered a rip off of Virtua Fighter, I can go on, what I'm saying is I'm kinda annoyed at how people seem to be thinking that nobody is allowed to make a game of this type now, since it's some sort of heinous crime against Nintendo (like many of the fanboys at mynintendonews) who clearly made up every aspect of the title, even when it would be very simple for someone to trace nearly every aspect of the game to earlier titles. . . 

Jing

• Global Moderator
  • Agent
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVxcHTD1fY

just from the little gameplay thats been shown, it looks like it plays very similar to Brawl, and i'm going to be honest had the gameplay been more like the VS series I think more people would have been aboard with the game

also let's stop talking about if it's a Smash Bros Rip off or not, let's speculate on characters I think the roster should be between 25-30 characters, aside from the revealed Kratos, Fat Princess, Parrappa the Rapper, Sweet Tooth, Sly Cooper, and Meal Redic I think others that should be in the game are

Nathan Drake
Cole (Infamous)
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro

and to be honest I don't know who else

Medusa

• Agent in Training
  • Noblesse Oblige
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 05:40:43 AM »

Seriously why Fat Princess, she was never a playable character the game she stars in, it seems like a stupid character to include. it's like having a Metal Gear from Metal Gear solid instead of Solid snake.

xXsonic96

• Agent in Training
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:47 AM »

Seriously why Fat Princess, she was never a playable character the game she stars in, it seems like a stupid character to include. it's like having a Metal Gear from Metal Gear solid instead of Solid snake.

i agree
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

Ruen

• Agent
  • > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »

Ummm. . . porbably because she's the only character from the game people actually can identify. . .

Hell I can't remember what the other characters look like, let alone their names. . .
Pages: [1] 2