Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Research Facilities  » Gaming Center 
|- Playstation Vita 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Playstation Vita  (Read 1341 times)

• Initiated
  • ★Sweetie Heart★
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation Vita
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:05 PM »
I will admit Vita is more powerful than the 3DS, but pretty graphics mean nothing when it comes to a great game, and so far, I think Vita doesn't have it. Not to mention how expensive it is compared to the 3DS's current price. Personally, I believe that quality gaming trumps power and graphics any day. For what it's worth though, the 3DS has awesome graphics for its firm ware, play Resident Evil Revelations and you will know what I mean.

One of my friends bought a Vita and I held it in my hands. It was a little cumbersome, but hey, whatever floats people's boats if they want to  play Call of Duty on the go. :/

There are many great titles on the horizon for the 3DS, and what I see coming to the Vita is a few dry and cut titles that are pretty much clones of what is offered on the PS3.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:46:27 PM by Hikari »

Don't worry, I'm always beside you, behind you, and supporting you. ❤
★REVIEWER★

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »

At the moment the only thing that is holding the Vita back right now is lack of actual software people want, the initial burst of software during launch has pretty much grinded to a halt, I'm hoping Sony will surprise everyone at E3 and announce a truckload of games to be released in the weeks/months following, but Sony need to act, if they keep holding off they might lose any opportunity for the Vita to be successful in the long run.

lack of actual software and expensive as hell memory cards, i'm sure theres going to be something at E3 to promote the vita, but the question is will it be good enough to help sales because well lets face it the vita is selling awfully
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

At the moment the only thing that is holding the Vita back right now is lack of actual software people want, the initial burst of software during launch has pretty much grinded to a halt, I'm hoping Sony will surprise everyone at E3 and announce a truckload of games to be released in the weeks/months following, but Sony need to act, if they keep holding off they might lose any opportunity for the Vita to be successful in the long run.

lack of actual software and expensive as hell memory cards, i'm sure theres going to be something at E3 to promote the vita, but the question is will it be good enough to help sales because well lets face it the vita is selling awfully

It doesn't matter how high quality or amazing of a hardware you put out... If there are no killer application / games to go with it, or an audience of developers that are intrigued by it. Enough said T___T;;

I honestly think the Vita itself is a amazing as a handheld tool, but there just isn't any games that draw me to want it.

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:01 AM »
You all bring up many points which all come back to the one general agreed upon opinion, The Vita needs more games.

However I do want to remind people that the Vita's launch has probably been more successful than that of the 3DS's abysmal launch.

Remember the 3DS was (down here anyway) the exact same price as the Vita at launch, had approximately 5 titles for the first 2 months (compared to the Vita's 14-15) and only really began to pick up speed when Nintendo made what many people considered a desparation move in cutting the device's price by a third less than a year into it's life.

Sony need to put software on this console. Decent, exciting games that can draw in customers and show people just what the Vita is capable of. Yet at the same time it's also kinda unfair to compare the games library of one console to that of another console who has had a year long head start, especially when the 3DS was in the exact same position if not worse than the Vita at the same early stage of it's life. 

what I see coming to the Vita is a few dry and cut titles that are pretty much clones of what is offered on the PS3

This quote intrigues me since the very first 'killer app' title for the 3DS was a cut and dry clone of a Nintendo 64 title. . .
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:56:17 AM by Ruen »

• Initiated
  • ★Sweetie Heart★
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:37 AM »
A title that they added to, upon completing the original game, they switched the maps and puzzles around and made it harder. And we can all assume that launches for most firmware is a little rocky, that much we can agree on.

I can just say that this thread should be about upcoming games, the PS Vita's current problems/fixes, and other PS Vita stuff.
Don't make this a 3DS vs. PS Vita thread (although we can certainly make one).

(By the way, the PS Vita is a great piece of hardware, that much I know, and it's graphical prowess is amazing. However, that sort of thing was never my cup of tea to begin with. :P

★REVIEWER★

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
((sorry I'm just fulfilling the role of the Sony fanboy here))

I agree with the 3DS vs Vita thread, since comparrisons against the two have crept into each others topic, but one last shot before I finish, since I think it's worth noting.

The mode you speak of in OoT 3D is called Masters Quest (or Ura Zelda), and it first debuted as a special bonus bundled with a copy of the original OoT, both were included with the Gamecube version of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, so really, not even that is a so called addition.

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
You all bring up many points which all come back to the one general agreed upon opinion, The Vita needs more games.

However I do want to remind people that the Vita's launch has probably been more successful than that of the 3DS's abysmal launch.

Remember the 3DS was (down here anyway) the exact same price as the Vita at launch, had approximately 5 titles for the first 2 months (compared to the Vita's 14-15) and only really began to pick up speed when Nintendo made what many people considered a desparation move in cutting the device's price by a third less than a year into it's life.

Sony need to put software on this console. Decent, exciting games that can draw in customers and show people just what the Vita is capable of. Yet at the same time it's also kinda unfair to compare the games library of one console to that of another console who has had a year long head start, especially when the 3DS was in the exact same position if not worse than the Vita at the same early stage of it's life. 

what I see coming to the Vita is a few dry and cut titles that are pretty much clones of what is offered on the PS3

This quote intrigues me since the very first 'killer app' title for the 3DS was a cut and dry clone of a Nintendo 64 title. . .

Well until VITA releases say.... a Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, .hack, or other said title that makes me shiver my willies... Probably won't get one even though it is a very nice eye candy piece of hardware :O

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »
Not for nothing but the Vitas sales fell substantially after it's initial release and have continued to do so afterward

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
Not for nothing but the Vitas sales fell substantially after it's initial release and have continued to do so afterward

Not going to deny that because it's true, what we're saying is why that is the case, which I think all of us agree is due to that lack of games people actually want to buy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:52 PM »
alright you confused me a little bit when you said the Vitas launch was more Successful than the 3DS launch, in terms of launch titles the Vita was better however in terms of sales the 3DS was very steady and sold much more, unlike the Vita which just fell flat after two weeks

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Let me reiterate this, the global launch of the 3DS was abysmal by Nintendo's standards. They expected the console to explode out of the gate and it failed to do so, they had to cut the console to below cost price (something to my knowledge Nintendo has never done before) in order for it to pick up sales. So while you can say the 3DS is doing better than the Vita, comparing the two consoles by the 6 month period of time starting from both consoles launch date(this period is chosen as it is from the period of time that passed from the launch of the 3DS in the US to the time of the global price cut) I would say the 3DS might have been doing marginally better, but it wasn't the massive gap between the PSP and DS, thats for sure.

Hell even now people are still saying that the 3DS is underperforming. Nintendo themselves estimated that by April this year they would have sold 16 Million 3DS units, that was eventually revised down to 14 Million yet despite that they still only managed to sell 13.56 Million units. Now that might not sound like much, but that is 2,440,000 units less than their original prediction.

• Initiated
  • ★Sweetie Heart★
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
Now we all know the differences in sales between the two, we can get back on topic to what we expect from the Vita's upcoming games, hardware mods, and such. :3

(not trying to be a mod or anything, but I would prefer if we didn't go into throes over a few pieces of glass, plastic, and metal :P)

★REVIEWER★

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
I kind of find it amusing that at the moment there seems to be more talk about the 3DS in this topic than the Vita. . .

Someone make an appropriate 3DS v Vita thread and I'll post in it, I'd do it myself but it's nearly 2 am here and I'm too tired. . .