Home :: Help :: Search :: Calendar :: Login :: Register

+ AnimeSecrets.org  » Research Facilities  » Gaming Center 
|- favorite video games/hated video games. 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: favorite video games/hated video games.  (Read 1305 times)

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
favorite video games/hated video games.
« on: May 05, 2012, 02:48:55 AM »
As the subject tells you i want to know what your favorite and most hated video games.
RULES
1. if you have more then one tell ALL of them and give an explanation on why you like or hate a game.
2. no arguing
3. must be a game you have played (you do not have to beat the game to tell if you like it)

my favorite is sonic zelda and kirby.  i have fond memorys of these games and find myself playing the games over and over.
my most hated game is final fantasy viii.  the story isnt as good as 7 or 9 and the music is terrable and put the game down right after the first boss.
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

Re: favorite video games/hated video games.

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58:35 AM »
Favorite games are Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, and of course, .hack.  I'm not really sure why I'm addicted to Harvest Moon, other than I like trying to get the character hitched lol. Pokemon I like because a lot of them are cute, and I like leveling them up. Final Fantasy I like because of the stories and/or game play. .hack is one that I never get tired of, but I don't always send the right emails back lol.

Hated games...... I really didn't like FF X-2. I didn't care for it's story or how you did the spheres. Other than that, I really don't have a hated game.

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »
i dont care for ffx-2 ether
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:53:28 AM »
I would have to say my favorite game is Final Fantasy 6, because it was the first RPG / Final Fantasy i was exposed to and it was so rich in story, character development, music (for the time... AMAZING), etc etc. I literally beat it about 8 times or so throughout my school years from when i got it (i think 5th grade? WAS IT REALLY THAT LONG AGO~!? IM OLD!).

However for story wise, i NEVER pass up a .hack// game ever. Because i'm simply obsessed with the story and how intricate the developers and stories have tied in all these years.

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
hmmm. . . My favourite game would have to be Sonic 3 & Knuckles (sonic 3 locked on with Sonic and Knuckles) yes it might be cheating considering the two are stand alone games, however they were at one point a single game that simply became to big to be able to contain on a single kart, so Sega compromised. A lot of people say Sonic 2 is the best 2D sonic game, however I always though they took all the good things about Sonic 2 and added on it with 3, it has my personal favourite levels (Carnival Night and Lava Reef) and some of my favourite bosses (Launch Base boss and Death Egg boss) not to mention the implementation of elemental shields. All in all this game is hands down my favoutie platformer and one of my favourite games of all time.

Another game I love in Gunstar Heroes (for the Genesis) simply put if something on the screen isn't blowing up, you're either dead or doing it wrong. One of my all time favourite run and gun games.

I have a lot of games I hated, too many to recollect at the moment but one that keeps popping into my head is Sonic Spinball. Wasn't made my Sonic team but rather the American technical staff and because of which took elements from the comic book and animated series, which I never really liked. The game is a solid pinball game i'll give it that but in many cases it just felt cheap to me, the first level was fine but after you finish it the game just seemed to be finding ways to constantly make you waste time with constant backtracking where you always had to worry if you were going to be thrown into a chute that took you back to the very beginning of the stage or worse. the bosses were very unimaginative and were either too easy or unbelievably cheap. The final boss however is the reason I trruely despised this game, I had this when I was about 10 years old and never was able to finish the game until I bought the mega collection on steam last year, and using save states I was finally able to beat this guy. Even with save states it took me over half a goddamn hour to beat the final boss. Why, because the boss took an unbelievably large amount of hits to beat coupled with the fact that you had to do a convuluted and never explained sequence of other button presses in order to make him vulnerable enough for a few moments needed to bounce up and hit him, coupled with the other fact that his major form of offense was to throw you out of the boss area all the goddamn way back down to the beginning of the stage. It took me over half an hour to beat this guy constantly using save and load, I'd imagine if I didn't have these tools I would have played RPG bosses that took less time to beat, and were probably less frustrating than this boss. . .   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:36:56 AM by Ruen »

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:40:29 AM »
hmmm. . . My favourite game would have to be Sonic 3 & Knuckles (sonic 3 locked on with Sonic and Knuckles) yes it might be cheating considering the two are stand alone games, however they were at one point a single game that simply became to big to be able to contain on a single kart, so Sega compromised. A lot of people say Sonic 2 is the best 2D sonic game, however I always though they took all the good things about Sonic 2 and added on it with 3, it has my personal favourite levels (Carnival Night and Lava Reef) and some of my favourite bosses (Launch Base boss and Death Egg boss) not to mention the implementation of elemental shields. All in all this game is hands down my favoutie platformer and one of my favourite games of all time.

Another game I love in Gunstar Heroes (for the Genesis) simply put if something on the screen isn't blowing up, you're either dead or doing it wrong. One of my all time favourite run and gun games.

I have a lot of games I hated, too many to recollect at the moment but one that keeps popping into my head is Sonic Spinball. Wasn't made my Sonic team but rather the American technical staff and because of which took elements from the comic book and animated series, which I never really liked. The game is a solid pinball game i'll give it that but in many cases it just felt cheap to me, the first level was fine but after you finish it the game just seemed to be finding ways to constantly make you waste time with constant backtracking where you always had to worry if you were going to be thrown into a chute that took you back to the very beginning of the stage or worse. the bosses were very unimaginative and were either too easy or unbelievably cheap. The final boss however is the reason I trruely despised this game, I had this when I was about 10 years old and never was able to finish the game until I bought the mega collection on steam last year, and using save states I was finally able to beat this guy. Even with save states it took me over half a goddamn hour to beat the final boss. Why, because the boss took an unbelievably large amount of hits to beat coupled with the fact that you had to do a convuluted and never explained sequence of other button presses in order to make him vulnerable enough for a few moments needed to bounce up and hit him, coupled with the other fact that his major form of offense was to throw you out of the boss area all the goddamn way back down to the beginning of the stage. It took me over half an hour to beat this guy constantly using save and load, I'd imagine if I didn't have these tools I would have played RPG bosses that took less time to beat, and were probably less frustrating than this boss. . .

AHMAGAH, i LOVEEEEE gunstar heroes... Pretty much the most awesome game to coop ever :O

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »

AHMAGAH, i LOVEEEEE gunstar heroes... Pretty much the most awesome game to coop ever :O

I outright love level 5. . . it's just so awesome. . .

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
some of my favorite games

FF8 The music was what made the game for me, simply put pretty amazing music, and Laguna oh man Laguna one of the best characters in FF

Super Mario World, first game I ever played great levels, great music and just overall great game
I'm the semi-honorable thief. I steal from the evil and give to the me

• Dot Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 12:35:18 AM »
some of my favorite games

FF8 The music was what made the game for me, simply put pretty amazing music, and Laguna oh man Laguna one of the best characters in FF

Super Mario World, first game I ever played great levels, great music and just overall great game

Mmmm, ff8 had some of the most amazing music in my opinion. Great choice.

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 02:41:17 AM »

acualy sonic3 and knuckles was supost to be one game but do to time restraints they had to cut the games in half thats why when you put in the stage selection code sonic and knuckles levels are there for more info on the games go to youtube and whach somecallmejohnny's review of sonic and knuckles.
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:44 AM »
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 03:05:53 AM »
Ruen, you've made his day lol. As you can tell, he's a Sonic fan.

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »
ya and your point is
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

• > Implying
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »

acualy sonic3 and knuckles was supost to be one game but do to time restraints they had to cut the games in half thats why when you put in the stage selection code sonic and knuckles levels are there for more info on the games go to youtube and whach somecallmejohnny's review of sonic and knuckles.

Yes I am aware of that. I think I did note that in the first paragraph (I've bolded it) however I guess it was a bit vague but the intention was the same as what you said. However I'm not sure I was always under the belief that it was due to the size restrictions of the catridges the Genesis/Mega Drive used that forced them to spilt the game in two.

• Initiated
  • im slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 03:20:39 AM »

Yes I am aware of that. I think I did note that in the first paragraph (I've bolded it) however I guess it was a bit vague but the intention was the same as what you said. However I'm not sure I was always under the belief that it was due to the size restrictions of the catridges the Genesis/Mega Drive used that forced them to spilt the game in two.
i can see your point i usealy have remimber sonic explanations but this one sliped my mine over the fact that your explanation amazed me to see another sonic fan like me.
1996rellik
sonicmaster1996
deathoflovegames
neoslyfox
(youtube names)

anything