Anime Secrets is pleased to announce for the first time ever, The Valentines Cosplay Contest Extravaganza! This is a cosplay contest designed for cosplayer couples/pairs to show off their costumes and compete for a chance to win cash prizes! Note: you don’t have to actually be in a romantic relationship with your cosplay partner to enter, but it is encouraged!
1. Must be a couple in the picture.
2. No nudity or partial nudity
3. All contestants must be U.S. Residents to compete for all prizes. International competitors may compete but may not be eligible for prizes from sponsors, but will qualify for online gift cards.
4. No photoshopping your face on someone else’s costume.
5. Photo must have been taken within the last six months.
6. You must be in a costume to be considered for the running.
7. Costumes should preferably be anime, manga, video game, comic book or Japanese Culture related, but others are acceptable.
8. You must be able to include a character name, or state it is an original work.
9. Anime Secrets main staff, (includes commanders, reviewers, and editors) are not allowed to compete for prizes. However if there is enough interest, there may be a contest between the staff.
10. You must check your email within three days of announcement of winners to receive a prize, or forfeit all rights to a prize.
11. Contestants from previous Anime Secrets cosplay contests may not enter the same entry from a previous Anime Secrets contest without major modifications or changes to costume. Questions may be directed to AnimeSecrets@gmail.com on what is acceptable.
12. Deadline is 02/14/13 Midnight Central Time
13. Have Fun!
To register for the Cosplay Contest, simply take a photo of you in your costume, and email to email@example.com
– Characters’ Names/Costume Descriptions and what went into making them. (Put each Character’s name and description Separate so that it’s easier to read)
– Name of Photographer if applicable
– Your submission photo, please only one photo
– Preferred way of being notified if applicants place in the contest
– Permission to post the photo after the contest on the site, with preferred names to go by.
– Reference pictures, unless original work. (If original work, please give background information on the character so that the judges can better understand the costume)
Overall Best Couple – $50 Paypal Cash
Runner Up Best Couple – $25 Paypal Cash
Fan Favorite Couple – $25 Paypal Cash
Best Single Entry – $10 Paypal Cash